VILLAGE OF EVENDALE, OHIO
10500 Reading Road
Committee Meeting Minutes
August 5th, 2008
Conference Room, Municipal Building
In attendance: Jeff Albrinck, John Ranz, George Snyder, Kelly DiNardo, Doug Miller, Cindy Vaske, Steve Neihauser, Ted Sumnar, Steve Brown and Jack Cameron.
1) HIRT Committee Report - Doug Miller and Kelly DiNardo, both from Horan, and Cindy Vaske and Steve Niehauser came to update committee. They are reviewing pricing and will next meet on 8/8/08. The trend is rates are up 15 – 16%.
2) Employee Health Benefit Fair to be held on August 7th in the Administration Bldg.
1) Update-Applications-Testing-Police Position
· 147 applications were given out and returned. 117 qualified to sit for the written examination which will be Saturday 8/2/08 at 9:00 a.m.
· 93 applicants took the written exam
· 66 applicants passed the written exam
· 8/16/08 Physical Agility Test
· 8/19/08 Begin Interviewing
· Late September- Hiring Committee to get list
2) Lab Fee- Coroner Office Increase – Eff. 10-01-08
3) Lt. Phillips Returned- Full Status 8/04/08
4) Vehicle Auction- Police Units -
· Three surplus police vehicles will be available and the bid opening will be on 8/29/08
5) Increase in work volume:
· Citations up 39% over 2007
· Arrests up 31% over 2007
· Case reports up 22% over 2007
· Mayor’s Court up 36% in revenue ($68,077 through 2007; $105,836 through 2008)
6) Budget due to Finance CFO 9/1/08
7) Verizon Presentation – Possible Fee Reduction – Cell Phone Change
1) Ted Sumnar – 5th3rd Bank - Investment Update- All Evendale funds are safe. We are going shorter on our investment ladder due to reduced rates.
2) Steve Brown – 5th 3rd Bank – Banking Update- All funds are collateralized by 105% . Held by the Bank of New York.
3) July Financials- As of the end of July the Village had cash and investments totaling $17,429,850.32. Of this we have $13,043,262.26 in US Government Agencies, $1,730,760.30 in commercial paper with GE Capital Corporation, $1,000,053.97 in Brokered Certificates of Deposits with 10 different banks, $59,850.79 in checking accounts with 5th3rd Bank, $1,113,526.27 in a money market account at 5th3rd Bank and $482,596.73 at Star Ohio which is deposited with National City bank.